Monday, February 15, 2016

By their fruits ye shall know them

There have been specific things that I have learned for myself this week as I have been studying and seeking revelation on knowing what decisions to make in my life right now.. It's amazing how the scriptures can be brought to life regardless of what chapter we read, because the Spirit knows what questions and concerns we have about our lives and there are specific words and phrases that stand out to us during different circumstances. I have had some inner turmoil this week as I have been faced with a cross road where I couldn't which road would produce better fruit. I was really frustrated and discouraged. As I was praying, I remember specific life lessons that I learned on my mission that continued to come to my mind even after my mission. The life lesson was "by their fruits ye shall know them." In the Bible where this phrase is mentioned, it is mostly referred to coming to know whether or not a Prophet is truly called by God. But I have receive a lot of revelation on this concept that has helped me make a lot of important decisions in my life. This phrase can be a great discerner in knowing whether or not the road that you are currently is bringing you closer to Christ and enabling you to become the person that the Lord wants you to become. We can know this by the fruits of the Spirit that are described in Galations 5:22-23 such as love, joy, peace, long-suffering etc. The path that I was on earlier this week with certain activities that I was involved with weren't producing those fruits, they were producing the opposite. I knew from those indications that the activity that I was participating in wasn't bringing me closer to Christ or to my family. It finally clicked and I was able to make a decision based upon the fruits of the Spirit. Ever since I have made that decision I have been feeling so good and so light. I know that this is the path that Heavenly Father wants me to be on.
I am so grateful for the scriptures and that I am able to discern truth as I study from them each day. I can also know for myself whether or not my activities are bringing me closer to God or taking me away from Him. Truly, I have been "led to believe the holy scriptures... which leadeth [me] to faith on the Lord,and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart..." (Helaman 15:7). I leave my testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment