Monday, January 18, 2016

Putting it all together: Matthew 4

Something that I had learned on my mission that had changed the way that I viewed the commandments of God was the story of when Christ started his ministry soon after His 40 day fast and was then tempted by the devil. In Matthew chapter 4 it talks about how Christ fasted for forty days and was then greatly tempted by the devil but He was able to overcome all temptations. I received revelation on my mission that Christ was able to overcome these temptations because He had fasted for 40 days. I believe and have come to know for myself that obedience enables us to receive power on high to resist temptation and to withstand the fiery darts of the adversary. When we are obedient to God's commandments, we show God that we know where we stand with Him and that we are weak without Him. There are several prophets throughout the Bible and the Book of Mormon that testify that Christ is their light and their strength, that without Him they are nothing. That is a personal goal that I have: to fully rely on the grace and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment